The Unheard Voices of the German Coast Tour - exclusively by Dianne Honore Destrehan
Experience a multifaceted, multi-sensory, interactive historical interpretation with family descendant Dianne Honore', nicknamed "Gumbo Marie." The Unheard Voices of the German Coast tour encompasses the marginalized people such as German farmers, Acadians, enslaved Africans and native Americans who cultivated Louisiana's Heritage.
On this tour you will:
Demonstrations happen along the way and can include:
Tour lagniappe includes:
- Interactive music demonstrations with audience participation
- Group discussions on the contributions of African, Acadian, German, Italian and French musical rhythms and instrumentation
This special two (2) hour tour is offered Saturday at 10:15 am. If you would like to schedule a special day and time, or would like a quote on a group tour (20 people or more) please contact our office at (985) 764-9315, ext. 103.
- General Admission - $32.00
- AAA Auto Club - $29.00
- Active Military - $29.00
- Senior Citizen (60 and over) $27.00
- Children 7 -17 years of age - $20.00
- Children 6 and under - Free
This tour will start-up again in August of 2020 and will be available every Saturday morning at 10:15 am. Important: You must book your tour 24 hours in advance.
Book your tour here:
Unheard Voices of the German Coast
Group tours (20 people and over) available by appointment only. Please call Melissa at (985) 764-9315, ext. 103 to book a group tour.