Effective Saturday, August 1, 2020 our new business hours will be 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. The first tour of the day is 9:30 am, then 10:00 am, then every hour after. The last tour and demonstration of the day is 3:00 pm. The grounds and gift shop close at 4:30 pm.
Destrehan Plantation continues to provide guided tours by historical interpreters.
Due to COVID-19, we have implemented procedures to help protect both our guests and employees.
- Our staff will be wearing masks.
- We recommend quests wear masks or scarves covering their nose and mouth inside of the gift shop and main house.
- Guests are not be required to wear masks while walking the grounds.
- Our guided tours will consist of no more than 10 people at a time. This includes the guide.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to the public near the registers in our gift shop.
- We will regularly disinfect areas of touch such as railings, bannisters, door knobs and bathroom facilities, etc.
We look forward to seeing you!
All proceeds from tours go to the restoration and preservation of Destrehan Plantation and its dependency buildings.
Our plantation is open seven days a week, with the exception of major holidays, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A guided tour of the plantation home takes approximately 45 minutes.
The senior citizen discount is $17.00 per person for those 60 and over.
If you book a tour online and use the AAA Auto Club discount, you must show proof of membership upon arrival in our plantation store/gift shop.
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR AAA CARD WILL COVER TWO PEOPLE ONLY. YOU CANNOT BOOK THREE OR MORE PEOPLE WITH ONLY ONE AAA AUTO CLUB CARD. IF YOU HAVE FOUR PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP, TWO PEOPLE MUST HAVE AN AUTO CLUB CARD TO RECEIVE THE DISCOUNT FOR THE GROUP OF FOUR. IN OTHER WORDS, ONE CARD COVERS TWO PEOPLE ONLY.
Also, those of you using the military discount must show your military I.D. upon arrival in our plantation store/gift shop. We honor two people per AAA Auto Club Card or Military Card for discounts.