Heritage Day is Wednesday, April 25, 2019!
Students of all ages observe and participate in the self-sufficient lives of the free and enslaved who lived and worked on the plantation in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Open Hearth Cooking/Slave Fare
- Big Red Barn farm animals
- Colonial American exhibits
- Civil War encampment
- 18th & 19th Century Music
- Appearances from other historical sites
Folk life demonstrations
- Spinning & Weaving
- Indigo Dyeing
- What's It Table
- Old Time Toys & Games
- Candle Making
- Bousillage Construction
- African-American Herbal Remedies
Admission:$7.00 per student, teacher, and chaperone *We allow one complimentary teacher admission per 25 students.
Registration is required for school groups. You can download the registration form here. If you need additional information please contact:
- Angela Matherne